I like atoms! Learn about them here! (Updated 11-9-16)
Atoms and atomic calculations:
- Average atomic mass worksheet: Calculate the average atomic mass of elements from isotopic abundances.
- Atomic Structure Worksheet: Find the numbers of protons, neutrons, and electrons of isotopes, as well as the atomic masses, atomic numbers, and electron configurations. And do it with a smile!
- Electron Configurations Worksheet: Configure electrons with these practice problems.
- Electron Configurations Homework: Like the worksheet above, but in homework form.
- Quantum Mechanics Review Sheet: If you’re bad with cars but good with your hands, become a quantum mechanic!
Link to atomic resources:
elements.wlonk.com has a lot of printable resources for both the periodic table and orbitals. Most of this stuff is free for use with your students, so don’t get too nervous when you see a “buy” button up there. (But do pay attention to their terms of service!)